Sealy Soybean Foam-Core Crib Mattress Reviews
|December 29, 2011||Posted by under Baby Gear Reviews|
What’s the deal with a soy foam crib mattress? I was curious, so I started looking deeper, and here’s what I found out from the Sealy Soybean Foam-Core Crib Mattress Reviews on Amazon. Is it worth the extra money, and will it really be better for the baby than a traditional spring mattress? Read on to find out what I discovered.
The Sealy Soybean Foam-Core Crib Mattress is recommended by the book Baby Bargains, a book detailing good buys on baby products. The book rates this mattress as a “good” buy.
So, what does that mean?
It means that, for the money, you are getting a good value. This mattress is not made from 100% organic materials, it has it’s pros and cons. However, if you are looking for a healthier crib mattress, without the gigantic price tag, take a good look at the Sealy Soybean Foam mattress.
Sealy Soybean Foam-Core Crib Mattress Reviews, The Benefits
- You are getting a soy based, firm mattress that is more durable and gives your baby firm support. You don’t need to worry about this mattress sagging and gaps between the mattress and the crib.
- You have a waterproof cover on the mattress. Now, this is a place where you are going to run into controversy. You will have your purists, wanting 100% organic materials, and we all know, vinyl is not organic. What do babies love to do? They love to poop and spit up on stuff. If your mattress cover is made of 100% organic cotton, you’ve got a problem when babies do, what babies do! Now you have a wet mattress that is a prime breeding ground for mold and bacteria, now you have a SIDS risk. A vinyl cover, in my book, is a good thing. One way to make this work for a purist mom, invest in a good organic cotton mattress cover to go over the mattress, then you’re good!
-This is a snug fitting mattress that will transition with your baby beautifully through toddler hood. The mattress is good for a baby up to 65 pounds. Okay, seriously, that’s no baby, that’s an eight year old!
- The mattress is lightweight, only weighs 13 pounds, so changing sheets isn’t a workout in itself.
- The crib dimensions are 51.6 x 27.2 x 5 inches
- The soybeans used for the foam in the mattress are renewable, and grown in the USA. Not quite local, but closer than China.
What’s the price of the Sealy Soybean Crib Mattress?
Good Question! As usual, Amazon has the best price! You are going to save around $40 by purchasing through Amazon, plus you get free shipping. The price is usually around $110.
Are there any cons in the Sealy Soybean Foam-Core Crib Mattress Reviews?
Yes, like I said up there (Wait, you didn’t read everything? Go back, that’s good stuff up there!), some Moms don’t like the vinyl cover. If this makes you uncomfortable, you are going to have to pay a lot more money for a 100% natural materials cover. For the price, this mattress is a really great alternative though.